Thursday, January 17, 2013

Super Bowl brainstorm

One of my resolutions for 2013 is to be organized and plan ahead. I realized how unorganized I was at Christmas when it practically snuck up on me and I hadn't done ANYTHING to prepare for it. (I'll post my resolutions soon, I haven't organized them and I'm procrastinating. See how on top of things I am? Right.)
So...since the Super Bowl is coming up and I can't wait (kidding - I don't know a thing about football, and I really don't care, but I feel like you HAVE to watch the Super Bowl if you're an American...) I thought I'd start brainstorming some party food ideas for the big game. (As an example of how little I really know about sports, I'll let you know that I texted almost everyone I knew to tell them that I wanted to have a party for the Super Bowl, and that it was on January 12. YUP. Didn't check my facts first...it's on February 3, ya'll.)
ANYWAY... here is my first recipe that I think will be a hit. I found the original recipe on Pinterest, but I changed it up because the original was pretty bland. I still didn't LOVE this dip, but I took it over to a party, and everyone (I mean, EVERYONE) asked who made the dip and wanted to know the recipe.
It's super easy.
Like, embarassingly easy.
Apparently it's called Poolside Dip (don't know why)

16 oz. cream cheese
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 jalapenos, diced (leave the seeds in if you want extra heat!)
1/2 can diced black olives
1 cup frozen corn, thawed (I think the frozen corn is MUCH better than canned, but you could use a can of corn if you prefer)
1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and refrigerate for about 20 minutes so everything can get acquainted. :) Serve with crackers or chips. (I served it with Wheat Thins)
Sorry for the crappy pic! Had to take it quick before people started digging in...

More recipes and Super Bowl party/anytime party ideas to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment