Monday, January 21, 2013

day 1 - starting weight

Yuck.
 

I posted that picture first so I couldn't decide NOT to post it. Obviously, I'm not happy with that number. But that's why it's going to change. Starting today.

I'm still in the process of writing my "fat story". It'll be posted as soon as I'm finished. So you can get a little insight into my journey, I guess. Everyone's got one. Mine just happens to be mostly about being unhappy with my weight. Uncomfortable. Embarassed. Angry. Sad. Not the adjectives I'd like to use to describe myself a year from now.

Granted, I just had my second son 10 weeks ago, but for someone my height (5'9") I shouldn't weigh 261.8lbs - I should be more at 150lbs, which is my goal.

Eventually I will begin to track my calorie intake every day, but for now, it's just too time consuming with my other responsibilities. I am still going to write down what I eat, and check nutritional information on the foods I'm putting in my mouth. Because I am nursing my son, I'm technically not supposed to DIET DIET, and I need to eat more calories than I would if I wasn't breastfeeding.

*By the way, I guess this is a good time to state the obvious - I'm not a doctor, don't claim to be, and I am just writing/sharing my opinions & experiences. As always, before starting any exercise program or diet, check with your doctor first!!

With that said, here is what I had for breakfast...

1 cup cereal with 1/2 cup 2% milk, coffee w/creamer
Because I can't afford to throw out all the unhealthy food in our house and restock it with healthy food, I'm going to make smart choices with the food I have, and when I need to go grocery shopping (which will probably be tomorrow...), I'll make smarter/healthier purchases!

So don't judge me. I judge myself enough. :)

So I probably shouldn't eat these...

 
I've always wanted to make spaghetti squash, so I finally bought one @ Trader's and I'm going to make it tonight! I'll let you know how it turns out...kinda scared, not gonna lie.

I guess that's all for now. Gotta go grab some water, drink it, then drink some more.

Oh yeah, and gotta run around and play with my little monsters.

Who's watching The Bachelor tonight?! LOVE that show, can't help it. Don't really care for Sean that much. I mean, he seems like a nice guy and all that, he's just not my cup 'o tea, I guess. But no matter what, I HAVE to watch every season.

Sue me. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment