Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year, not a new resolution...

Every year I make a New Year's Resolution, like most people. Mine (like most people) never seems to last. Why is that? I'm not sure, but I do know that for the past 5+ years my resolution has been to lose weight. Not just a little weight, a LOTTA weight. I've struggled with my weight since I can remember - from being teased in elementary school, to weight loss summer camp the summer before high school, to having Lap Band surgery, I feel like I've been through it all!
I had the Lap Band surgery about 3 1/2 years ago. I was excited for what I thought would be the answer to my weight loss prayers...but I was wrong. (What a surprise!) Now with a 16 month old son, I've decided that I need to be a much better example for him. While I'm feeding him peas and sweet potatoes, why am I eating calorie-loaded mac and cheese? NOT a good example...
Which brings me to January 8, when I finally decided to tackle my resolution to end all resolutions - this would be the LAST year that my New Year's Resolution was to lose weight. Why? Because by next New Year's, I wanted to be at my goal weight. I'm not sure what I'm thinking (or if I even am?) or how I'm going to do it, but I realized my reason for starting this blog was to document my struggles and my successes, and to be held accountable for not following through (by readers, like YOU!).
SO, with that said, I'll start writing about my journey, hopefully with some laughs, crafts, recipes, and fun along the way. Who said losing weight and writing about it couldn't be fun? Maybe this is just what I need!
Gotta go put my little guy down for his nap, then I'm going to do my workout video (Day 4 - I am SO SORE, but it's a good feeling!). I promise to load these posts with pictures, tools, and fun stuff. (Otherwise, who would want to read this anyway??)
Wish me luck with this workout...it's gonna be a tough one!

Will update later today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment