Saturday, August 25, 2012

Crafty crap!

I remember seeing a pin of a grapevine wreath that I really liked a few weeks ago. I thought I had pinned it, but apparently, I had not. Oh well, it's super easy to do, and it looks really nice! I wanted something to hang on our front door that wasn't too crafty looking, and wasn't too feminine. (I am, after all, the ONLY female in this house...except for my dog and one of my cats, but they don't count.)

Here are the supplies needed...

Cell phone pic - sorry for the horrible lighting!
A grapevine wreath (they come in lots of different shapes & sizes - I'm pretty sure they can be found in the floral section of most craft stores)
Wooden letter (I chose "L" for my future last name. You could also do your house number too.)
Hydrangea (fake/faux/silk whatevs. I chose white & green, but you really could use any type of flower in any colors you like!)

Paint for wooden letter
Glue gun
Scissors

I pretty much just painted the wooden letter grey (I'm really having a grey moment...or is it spelled gray?) and hot glued the letter onto the wreath where I wanted it. I then cut the white hydrangea in half (because it was expensive for 1 stem, so I didn't want to buy 2!). Cut off the stem, positioned the flowers where I wanted them on the wreath, hot glued them, and BAM! All done. :) See, pretty easy peasy, right?!

Now that it's finished, I just need to get the man to hang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment