Thursday, August 2, 2012

an update...or two.

This was practically in our backyard - YIKES!
So, I know it's been a while since I've posted ANYTHING...and seriously, so much has happened, but life has been CRAY-ZAY! (is it ever NOT crazy for anyone???)

I am now sitting quite comfortably on my couch in our fresh new living room in beautiful, relaxing, amazing, and wonderful SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. YUP, we finally moved. No more posts complaining about mountain/boonie life! We've been here about 2 weeks and it's finally starting to feel like home (again).

Lots of pictures to post, lots of new recipes to share, DIY attempts (and fails!), and more.

Right as we were packing up our Uhaul and getting ready to Uhaul it outta the woods, a wildfire started just a few miles down the highway from us (see pic above). We were able to make it out safely, as was pretty much everyone else (the fire burned mostly in the Trinity Alps National Forest), and we made the 14+ hour drive down to So Cal...only to be informed that 2 wildfires had started in the foothills near Temecula (where we now live). Excellent. I can think of lots of things that I'd LOVE to follow me around, but wildfires? Not one of them.

Tomorrow we leave for a quick trip for a family funeral, but upon our return, prepare to be bombarded with posts/crazy thoughts/recipes/ideas/blah blah blah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment