Friday, December 9, 2011

Hello, I'm new here.

Well, hello! I'll start off by saying that I am well versed and educated on reading other people's blogs, but in all honesty, I have no idea how to write one of my own! So, I'm going to try my best, and write what I want, because, I don't actually think anyone else will be reading this. So...here goes my public diary of sorts...
Today my brain felt like it was in overdrive. So many ideas, but no time to accomplish anything. While I won't blame it 100% on him, I think much of this has to do with my 15 month old son, whom we call D (among many, MANY other nicknames). See, recently I've become addicted to something called Pinterest. While I try to explain this phenomenon to my friends and family alike, no one quite understands this wonderful concept. Basically, it's an online "pinboard" or "bulletin board" of sorts, filled with lots of ideas, recipes, home decor, and an abundance of DIY projects (which are my weakness!).
Besides this distracting website Pinterest, I am also attempting to lose weight, while trying to help my significant other GAIN weight. Sounds tough, right? Right. Add to this the fact that I am a stay at home mom with 2 cats and a dog, I rarely get a moment to myself, let alone enough time to work out or plan a healthful meal. So, in starting this blog, I'm hoping to a) catalog all my wonderful ideas so I don't forget (Mommy brain is a real PAIN!) b) keep track of my eating & workout habits so I can hold myself accountable and c) exercise my love of the written word.
Have I lost anyone so far? That's okay, I'm already confused myself.
I will try to post something new each day, whether it's a new recipe, a bright idea, or just my weightloss struggles. I'll consider this my online diary, and will consider you, if you're still with me, my greatest confidante. Because let's face it - half this stuff I'd never tell anyone anyway!
So read away, immerse yourself, and hopefully I can provide a few laughs, tips, recipes, ideas, and smiles for you along the way...
xoxo me :)

P.S. I know blogs are boring without pictures. I promise to post as many pictures as possible in the coming days - I recently purchased a new camera and am still learning how to adjust the settings on it! Since I love taking pictures (as terrible as they may be), I promise to post LOTS of pictures to accompany my rants/raves/writings for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment