Thursday, December 15, 2011

Days 3 and 4


Just like I promised :) Anyway...Day 3 was the pantry. I was dreading this for a few reasons...
1. We live in the mountains and the nearest grocery store is 30 minutes away. So when we get groceries, we stock up, especially on things that have a long shelf life (think soups, chilis, beans, rice mixes, that kind of thing).
2. The house we are renting was built in the 60s, if not earlier. Whoever designed the kitchen either didn't cook AT ALL, or was about 5 feet tall. (For the record, I am 5'9"). Overall, the kitchen is pretty funky. (I'll post pictures of the floors and layers of wallpaper another time...) SO, most of my bottles of olive oil, vinegars, etc. don't fit in any cabinet, so they have a happy little home in a corner of our counter (NOT!).
3. Honestly, the pantry was just a mess.

SO...I took a deep breath, grabbed a chair from our dining room, climbed up on it, and went to work on the pantry (which is really just a high cabinet with 3 shelves above our stove.) Here are the results...
Before - I had no idea how much was actually in there!

After - I didn't get rid of a whole lot, but at least now it's organized and I know what I have!

Day 4 was under the kitchen sink. Since we have a little one running around, we don't keep much under there (even though we have child locks on it). This was pretty easy, but I still found some things I didn't know I had...

Before - not too much going on, but I still didn't know what was down there.

After - now why did I have dishwasher detergent? Our house doesn't even have a dishwasher!



No comments:

Post a Comment