Friday, June 8, 2012

YUMMY & easy side dish: zucchini coins


Growing up, this was one of the only ways my mom could get me to eat zucchini. (Sound familiar? Apparently I didn't like much that was green, so my mom had to think of ways to cook veggies.) As an adult, I actually LOVE zucchini, but it's not my fiance or my son's favorite, so I make this as a side dish. And they LOVE it as much as I do! It's super quick & easy, and really delicious.

Serves approx. 4 (as a side dish)

3-4 medium sized zucchini
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp olive oil

Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling

In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion to the pan and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Slice zucchini in 1/4 inch thick "coins", discarding the ends. Add the zucchini to the pan and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic to the zucchini mixture and heat through.
Remove zucchini from the heat and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.

There you go - one of my favorite side dishes with very few ingredients and lots of flavor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment