Saturday, June 9, 2012

Grandma's vinaigrette

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, or maybe it's because I just really like food, but I can't stop thinking about recipes!

This is a simple vinaigrette that my grandma has always made, and she usually keeps a jar of it in the fridge. I was lucky enough to spend 2 weeks with her recently, and I CRAVED this stuff. It's so simple, but so good, and I'm tempted to never buy another store bought salad dressing again!
Red wine vinegar...in case you don't know what it looks like, apparently?!

Grandma's vinaigrette

3/4 canola oil or vegetable oil
1/4 red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp mayo
pinch of sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients and whisk vigorously. Place in fridge for at least 1 hour to chill and let the flavors mingle. (I like to save glass food jars and their lids for this purpose.)

Mmmmm...just thinking about this makes me want some salad! (That's a good thing, isn't it?) My fave is a salad of butter lettuce or mixed greens, avocado, celery, carrots, and green onions with this dressing on it - YUM!

Hope you guys try it and love it as much as I do! :) Now I have to go make the most of my little guy's nap time by finishing up some laundry...yuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment