Saturday, February 4, 2012

CRAFT TIME! Got 5 minutes and $13?

If you don't know by now, I love me some crafts. (Ok, a lot of crafts.) What makes a craft idea even BETTER is when it's inexpensive, and can be completed fairly easily/quickly. (The quick crafts I like to call "nap hour crafts" because I can squeeze them in when the little guy is napping! Muahaha...naughty mommy...she should be doing laundry or scrubbing the toilets or something useful like that...) ANYHOO, I found this idea a little while ago online, but I didn't save the link or the picture of it. Since it's pretty easy to do, I managed to find all the supplies needed between Walmart and the dollar store.
May I present to you...THE CUTEST DRY ERASE BOARD EVER!

What you'll need:
A collage frame, like the one I found at Walmart (find one with as many openings as you will need - for me, I needed 8) - $10
Scrapbook paper (or any pretty paper will do - even cards will work!) - on sale 4/$1 (I needed 8, so $2 total)
scissors - free, unless you don't have them already...
dry erase markers (found these at the dollar store - oh yeah!) - $1


As I'm sure you can figure out from the picture, all you gotta do is pick which paper you'd like in which spot, cut it to fit in the frame, place it inside, and voila! Instant (adorable) dry erase board. I decided to use mine as a sort of schedule for our week - whether it be to write down our dinner menus on, or to write any activities that we have planned, doctor's appointments, whatev. Don't forget to hang it where the whole family can see it!

Other ideas:
- You could create a chore board to write down each family members' chores
- You could create a weekly menu
- Use as a sort of Post-it note and write down things to remember throughout the day/week
- Write a daily quote, something that inspires you or makes you smile!
- Use to keep track of workouts or as a food journal (Hey, since everyone can see it, it will help to keep you accountable!)

The options are endless! It is super easy to do, pretty inexpensive, it's functional, and best of all, CUTE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment