Sunday, May 6, 2012

my love/hate relationship with Pinterest.

Let me first start by saying that the majority of the time I LOVE Pinterest - I just can't get enough. Tons of ideas, tons of recipes, tons of everything. I don't think it's very easy to describe Pinterest to someone who has never used it or seen it. Like, for example, my boyfriend. He doesn't understand what Pinterest is all about, nor does he think it's worth the time I spend zoning out in front of it. (Although he doesn't complain when I make a tasty dinner and I proudly proclaim "I found this recipe on Pinterest!") He likes to walk around the house making jokes like, "Oh, that's Pinteresting."
SO...why do I hate Pinterest sometimes?? I hate it when I find an awesome idea/recipe/craft/whatever, buy the supplies/ingredients/whatevers for this idea, and upon completion, it's a FAIL. I have to say this has happened quite a few times.
So the other day, I was super excited to try a recipe for crock pot orange chicken. It sounded yummy, wasn't much work, and I hadn't had Chinese food in FOREVER. So after patiently waiting the 3-4 hours for my crock pot to do it's THANG, I served up my dinner. Let me just say...EW. It tasted like a bitter orange swamp mush - not the yummy dinner I had in mind. Luckily, I was able to trick my dog into eating the rest of the chicken (after I had rinsed off the orange goop) and mixed it in with a little bit of her regular dog food. I was going to take a picture, but I was much too irritated to go find my camera. Has this happened to any of you?? Please, tell me it has, because it would make me feel better. :)
Another time I tried to make a bracelet out of a t-shirt...I had to learn to do this hand-finger-knitting-weaving-strange-concept...after I THOUGHT I had mastered it, I attempted to make the bracelet - and it was hideous!! I took pictures of the bracelet...if I can find them, I'll post them!
I've decided that from now on, I'm going to take pictures of every Pinterest-inspired project I embark on. That way, if it turns out fabulously, I can be proud. :) And if it's a fail - well, then, I can post it here for everyone's entertainment. (Personally, I think it's hilarious when I see the actual results of Pinterest projects!)

UPDATE: OK...I found a picture of the bracelets. Maybe they don't look so bad in the picture, but I'm telling you - in person, they look like, well, some t-shirts that I cut up and braided funkily together. Not a good look.


No comments:

Post a Comment