Thursday, May 3, 2012

The 1 1/2 minute breakfast!

I can remember my mom making these breakfast sandwiches for me while I was growing up. They are fast, easy, delicious, satisfying, and pretty healthy too! (Oh yeah, and they only have 3 ingredients!) You could make these sandwiches a ton of different ways, but the way I prefer is...

Makes 1 breakfast sandwich

English muffin (whichever is your favorite)
cheddar cheese (or another cheese, if you prefer)
Morningstar Farms sausage patties (yeah, I know these are meatless - but they are really yummy and have lots of protein!)

1. Wrap the sausage patty in a paper towel and microwave on high for about 30 seconds (or until heated through).
2. Cut the English muffin in half and slice (or grate) enough cheese to put on both sides of the muffin.
3. Assemble the sandwich...meaning: English muffin top, cheese, sausage patty, more cheese, and English muffin bottom.
4. Wrap sandwich in the paper towel, microwave on high for 30-45 seconds (or until heated through and the cheese is nice and melty!) :)

And there ya have it! Super fast and super simple. I make these almost every day for the man, the little man (he loves to dip his in ketchup!) and sometimes for myself, too.

I know this isn't rocket-science, but it's just something I wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment