Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 1

Did you read last night's post? Ok, good. So when I woke up this morning, I'll be honest - I had lost some of the motivation I'd had the night before. But I was determined to change my eating habits!!

Since I'm not rich and I can't afford to throw out all the food in my house and start over, I had to do my best. There is junk food in the house. There are beers. There is ice cream in the freezer that taunts me every time I open it up to grab some ice for my protein shake.

So while I fed breakfast to the 2 hungry monsters nipping at my ankles... I mean, my kids... I had to decide what I was going to put in MY mouth. I chose a White Chocolate Macadamia LUNA bar. Not the greatest/cleanest/healthiest/balanced breakfast, but whatev. They were in the pantry.

Snack - 2 Cuties & string cheese

Lunch - looks really strange, but it was good! Tricolor quinoa tossed with chicken, cubed string cheese, toasted slivered almonds, craisins and a homemade Dijon vinaigrette. I wanted to add some green something or other, but the avocadoes I had weren't ripe yet and I had nothing else.
Dinner - turkey chili with low fat sour cream, some shredded cheese & green onions. I'm not really a chili fan, but this was easy and tasty and filling - that's a WIN!

I ate more than just what I took pictures of, but overall today I felt more energetic and positive than normal. I didn't exercise, but I'll get there!

Now off to bed to dream about sweets. Kidding! Sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment