Monday, March 4, 2013

i'm losing it.

 Yes, you read that right. Now the question is, do I mean I'm losing weight or my mind?

Both.

Things are crazy over here with 2 kids under 2 1/2 - how do y'all do it?! I always dreamt I'd be Supermom, but apparently, I can't handle all this crazy.

I digress.

SO...a few weeks ago I decided that I'd start eating right and trying hard to lose weight. Then we all got super sick, and I lost motivation. Just this week I've started writing down what I'm eating and trying to stay under 1440 calories. (Don't ask where I came up with that number - I calculated it somewhere, but I don't remember where...) I'm still nursing so I'm supposed to consume more calories than if I weren't nursing.

I think things are going good. I weighed myself at the beginning of the week and haven't weighed myself since. I'll update you when I decide to step on that scale. *shiver*

Some tips that I've found helpful so far...

- PLAN WHAT YOU WILL EAT FOR THE DAY, AHEAD OF TIME! That way, when mealtime comes, you don't have to think about it - just grab it and eat. Given the choice, most of us would choose something we shouldn't necessarily be eating...at least, I would!
- Give yourself a Cheat Meal. That way, you can eat the foods that you've been "craving" at that meal, but continue to eat right. (Some people have a Cheat Day - I don't think you need an entire DAY to Cheat, but whatevs.)
- WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH! Calories add up fast, yo. That "bite" of peanut butter? That ish was probably almost 200 calories!
- Don't weigh yourself everyday. It can be tempting. But don't do it. Set a date with your scale every week, once a week, at the same time of day. (I like to do it on Monday mornings, right when I wake up. And naked. TWSS.)

That's all I can think of for now, but I know there's more! I'll update as I remember them. Now for some pictures!

Love these little meals! I got mine at Target on sale. All the food is super yummy and it's a complete meal in a cute little box. Love.
One of my favorite dinners to make & eat - veggie stir fry w/quinoa. Doesn't look pretty, but it tastes great!
Love this issue! It's probably my favorite issue of the year. Very inspiring. I'd like to think that one day I could be on the cover! :)
This is why I heart the dollar store! Smelly good hair detangler and eucalyptus epsom salt soak. Oh yeah. (And I use the haird detangler for myself, not my kids.)



No comments:

Post a Comment