Friday, March 1, 2013

Fave in 5 - toaster pizza!

This is one of my favorite weeknight meals. I started making this just over a year ago. Sometimes I serve this as a snack to share with my family, and sometimes it's my dinner. It's pretty versatile and you can add whatever toppings & flavors you enjoy or have in your kitchen!

Toaster Pizza*

whole wheat tortilla
can of crushed tomatoes
shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning

On a whole wheat tortilla, spread a few tablespoons of crushed tomatoes. (This is the "pizza sauce", and the tortilla is the "dough".)
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Pop in the toaster for a few minutes until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese has melted.

There ya go! Toaster pizza. I know, it's not the most amazing recipe you've ever read, but I'm telling you, it's good! I like to add carmelized onions or roasted veggies to the pizza - usually whatever vegetables are left over from dinner the night before. YUM!

*For BBQ Chicken Pizza, top the tortilla with BBQ sauce, add cheese, chopped cooked chicken, sliced red onion and cilantro.
For White Pizza, top the tortilla with alfredo sauce, add cheese, chopped cooked chicken and some roasted garlic cloves.
For Margarita Pizza, top the tortilla with cheese, add sliced tomatoes and fresh basil.
For Chicken Pesto Pizza, top the tortilla with pesto, add cheese and chopped cooked chicken.

Those are just a few variations, but the options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment